Elevate Medical is the leading mental wellness service provider in Manhattan, New York City. As a pioneer mental wellness center, we are experts in diagnosing and treating various psychiatric conditions such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, insomnia, etc. We offer specialized, customizable services focusing on your holistic wellness rather than treating a list of symptoms.
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Click on photos below for more information.
- Clinical depression is a debilitating condition that negatively affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. In contrast to normal sadness, clinical depression is persistent sadness and despair that interferes with a person’s ability to experience or anticipate pleasure and significantly interferes with functioning in daily life.
- Are you affected by persistent feelings of anxiousness and despair? Have panic and anxiety attacks taken root into your life? Fret not, you are one of the 40 million people in the United States who suffer from anxiety disorder. Timely treatment is the key to successfully managing mental health issues such as anxiety disorder.
- Restlessness, disturbed sleep, and waking up with exhaustion are all signs of insomnia, and if you find yourself struggling to hit the hay and count the sheep, you are not alone. Elevate medical is a mental wellness service provider in Manhattan, New York City, specializing in diagnosing and treating the root cause of sleep issues like insomnia.
- Anger and stress can lead to frustration, causing anger management issues that can be managed by identifying stressors. Anger management helps people learn steps to stay calm, empowering them to handle tense situations constructively. Anger management reduces the emotional and physical turmoil that anger can cause. Anger management assists you in leading a calm and peaceful life while controlling your reactions and responding in a socially appropriate manner.
- Bipolar disorder is a mental health disorder that leads to unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, concentration, and the ability to function. People who suffer from bipolar disorder experience intense emotional states called mood episodes. Addressing Bipolar disorder with care and compassion can help patients lead fuller and more productive lives.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a chronic condition that affects millions of children and often continues into adulthood, leading to other mental health issues. ADHD includes persistent problems, such as difficulty sustaining attention, hyperactivity, and impulsive behavior.
- Everyone is forgetful at times, be it misplacing your car keys or forgetting the name of someone you recently met. However, if you’re experiencing frequent episodes of confusion or memory loss, we can help manage mental health issues. Our skilled psychiatric team offers diagnostic evaluations for memory loss. They focus on ruling out underlying causes.
- Though often linked to premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a more extreme condition that affects how you feel, think, and behave. Like PMS, PMDD symptoms generally develop seven to 10 days before your period, when your hormone levels start to fall. In addition to hormones, your serotonin levels also change during your menstrual cycle.
- Postpartum depression is a serious mental health condition that affects one out of every nine new mothers. Women with postpartum depression may struggle to take care of themselves and their new baby.
Specialized in the following areas:
General Adult Psychiatry- Covers all mental disorders in the age group of 18-65 years old
Child and adolescent Psychiatry – specialization in disorders occurring during development, such as conduct disorders and depression, from ages 5 to 17
Geriatric Psychiatric – specializing mental disorders in the age group 65+
Psychosomatic Medicine/Consult-Liaison Psychiatry- integrates interdisciplinary evaluation and management involving diverse specialties including psychiatry, psychology, neurology, psychoanalysis, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, allergy, dermatology and psychoneuroimmunology. It is a subspecialty where the provider rules out medical diagnoses before considering primary psychiatric diagnoses for those who come in with new onset unexplained symptoms to our practice.
Reproductive/Women’s Psychiatry - a specialty that helps women with psychiatric conditions that develop in relation to specific points in their reproductive life cycle, such as their menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and perimenopause. Mainstay conditions in this subspeciality are Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, Postpartum Depression, Perimenopause/Menopausal symptomology along with Preconception Planning, and Medication consultation and Management.
Substance misuse (Addiction Psychiatry)- covering a range of addictions, the bulk of which concerns alcohol and marijuana misuse either as a primary or secondary use disorder
Psychotherapy-“talk therapy”- covering both “here and how” (for example: cognitive behavior) and “interpretive” therapies that relate to early life (for example: psychodynamic, internal family systems) as well as “existential” therapy (aka Logotherapy) and Motivational Interviewing (for Addiction therapy)
Learning Disability – to assist in evaluations for extra time for high school and college students during test taking covering Autism Spectrum Disorder, Reading and Math Disorder, as well as, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Concentration deficits secondary to Trauma-related mental illness vs medical conditions
A Certified SPRAVATO® Treatment Center
Do you suffer from chronic depression and have you tried & failed 2+ Antidepressants?
You may qualify for SPRAVATO treatment through your insurance.
SPRAVATO is also known as Esketamine, or S-ketamine, which is the S enantiomer (one-half of the molecule) of Ketamine. It has been widely researched and has been FDA-approved since 2019 of TRD (Treatment Resistant Depression).
increases glutamate levels in the brain, which is the most prevalent chemical messenger in the brain, resulting in a greater reach and more substantial impact on brain cells with just a single dose
quick acting (within the first session) vs over 4-8 weeks with traditional antidepressants
not an SSRI (no concern with sexual dysfunction or weight gain)
promotes neuroplasticity (a process allowing the nervous system to adapt it's activity in response to intrinsic and extrinsic stimuli by reorganizing its structures, functions and/or connections) and synaptogenesis (the formation of synapses between neurons, which is important for the establishment of neuronal network and the precision of brain circuitry)
success rate is impressive with once trial finding 70% of patients being treated for depression using esketamine with an antidepressant experienced a 50% or more reduction in their depressive symptoms. Additionally, approximately 50% experienced total remission of their depressive symptoms
Click on image below to watch a video for real SPRAVATO stories:
Contact Elevate Medical to see if you qualify for SPRAVATO® today!